How to be happier– Every day we wake up with disasters, deaths, destruction and all kinds of events that make us believe that this world is much worse than we think it is.
However, the short answer for skeptics is that you can learn how to be happier , and no major changes in life are required for this to happen.
How to be happier in the face of so much difficulty?
The first thing is to take away the power and control that has the negative about our life. You must understand that having a positive mentality does not mean that there are no negative thoughts, it means that they do not control your life.
- According to Shawn Anchor, a brilliant Harvard psychologist, who took on the task of studying happiness and looking for ways to be happier found the following
- “90% of your happiness is not determined by the outside world, but by the way your brain interprets it.”
- Interestingly, when he told what he planned to do, many people questioned the fact that he could make a student unhappy from one of the most prestigious universities in the world?
Reality? Harvard students are just as unhappy as other people. However, as it was raised, what happens in your life-problems with health, money, relationships and even your prestige-only determine 10% of your happiness. You will not be happy because you achieve success. You will achieve success by making yourself happy
How to be happy and its importance:
- Dopamine, which produces the brain when you’re happy, has a very important side effect: It makes you smarter.
- And not only that, a positive brain is 31% more productive, which helps you improve, be quicker to identify problems and be creative when it comes to finding solutions.
How can you increase your dopamine?
Take two minutes each day and do one of the following activities:
- Write down five things for which you feel s grateful.
- How to be happier? Write in your journal a positive experience that you have experienced during the last 24 hours.
- Learn to meditate, this teaches your brain to focus.
- The first email that you write on the day will be to thank or give a compliment to someone.
- Send a text message to an important person in your life thanking him for his presence in your life.
Attitudes to be happier
Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do, is in harmony Mahatma
It is important to be clear about a series of answers that will allow you to find your happiness more easily, start by asking yourself:
- What does it mean for me to be happy?
- How do I live my happiness?
- What are the small things that give me satisfaction?
- At what moments of my life have I been happy?
- What kind of situations prevent me from being happy?
- What kind of thoughts and concerns limit my happiness?
In addition, understanding that there are certain attitudes that limit you or bring you closer to it, will help you to live in harmony your life and feel greater satisfaction for the good things that happen to you. Remember that we are just passing through and that every day we must enjoy it, do not fear.
- Surround yourself with positive and happy people
- Happiness is like a beautiful disease or virus that spreads around us.
Being with positive people, grateful, enthusiastic, contagion welfare, and transmit that special energy, which allows the day surrounded by them, be more pleasant, comforting, and even more productive. Is it not exhausting to be near people who only complain, or that anything makes them sad, or that they feel dissatisfied with their lives, transferring that frustration with attitudes that are not very patient, unkind and selfish? These people, unfortunately, do nothing but push us back, because it seems that for them nothing is perfect, not too good, not too cute, not too fair, too promising, or too safe, etc.
Search for pleasure
Find pleasure wherever you go, whether the circumstances are negative or positive, create pleasure. Begin and end with pleasing yourself. Be a more agile receiver of all the delight this life has to offer you.
Goodbye so much drama
Do not make a drama of everything that happens to you in life. Stop focusing on everything that is bad, what you can pity or get sympathy. Also stop giving so much to others, instead of giving it to yourself. First of all, fill your own empty spaces. While you’re at it, stop being aware of all the drama that has nothing to do with you. There is nothing more that can help you with the drama than stop it. The drama based on fear does not give happiness.
Accept yourself as you are
Accepting oneself is the main key to achieving happiness. When you really get all your defects to be a gift, it makes it easier to achieve happiness. Self-acceptance leads to a happiness that many people never experience. Accepting yourself as you are is also a crucial step in loving other people, because if you do not love yourself it is impossible to love others.
Be an active person
Do something physical. Take care of the garden, exercise, that is, do something that stimulates you physically. Pleasure and happiness abound when one is physically engaged. While you’re at it, it’s a good time to get rid of some of the old beliefs about happiness, those that make you depressed and / or repentant. Gain clarity, clean those bad thoughts and start moving.
Finally, there is too much good news to devote to sharing the negatives, so share good news and happiness to the people you love most.
The next time they tell you that it is impossible to learn how to be happier, remember that the events of the world, and those that occur in your life, only determine 10% of your happiness, the rest is under your control.