If you too have decided to embark on a life path towards full happiness, this is the article for you! We will provide you with 10 useful tips to live a happy life, to find inner peace and serenity.
Sometimes the mere thought of reaching them may seem like a utopia, but too often we seek happiness in the wrong places and ways. One of the main reasons why many people feel dissatisfied and unhappy is because they devote time and energy to unsatisfying activities, or because they allow their lives to be guided by chance and habit, letting themselves be carried away by events without never take control of your own life.
To go towards happiness, first of all, we must begin to understand that the responsibility for our happiness lies mainly with ourselves. Happiness, in fact, does not come from the outside and it cannot be others who give it to us but we have to build it, and we must seek it only within ourselves.
- Decide to be happy! That’s right. It seems a trivial idea but it is definitely the basis from which to start being happy. Take a stand, say a positive affirmation, do it out loud so everyone can hear you. You are and want to be happy people.
- Practice gratitude. Be grateful for all you have and the people around you. Before falling asleep, make a list of all the positive things in your life. To train yourself to find what is positive in your daily life, you could write them down in the “notebook of gratitude”: every day before falling asleep write down at least 5 things for which you are grateful. It takes 2-3 minutes, you will immediately notice the difference! No matter what the future holds for you, there is definitely something to be grateful for, you just have to stop and think about it.
- Always be nice to others (or at least to those who deserve it!). Treat others as you would like to be treated, with respect and kindness. Compliment and don’t forget to smile!
- Stop complaining. Once you have decided to be happy, it will be easier for you to recognize the negativity that surrounds you and that you feed yourself. Complaining about what is wrong with your life does not help us, it does not allow us to see the positive things that surround us and that could potentially make us happy. So let’s stop negative thoughts. Focus on the positive in your life.
- Spend time outdoors. Go to the park, read a book on a bench under a tree. Let the air, the sun, and nature fill you with a good mood.
- Don’t fixate on bad news. News broadcasts and newspapers are full of tragic news every day: wars, natural disasters, a stalled economy, news that only fuel negative thoughts and cause anxiety. Despite this, try to keep in mind that there is also positive news, of solidarity and brotherhood, positive examples that should be followed and taken as a model. Unfortunately, however, this kind of news arouses less hype than deeply negative ones, which is why they usually have less impact on those who read them.
- Try to reduce the time you spend with negative people. Some people fail to see anything positive in their surroundings and unfortunately, the risk is that they can also affect the individuals around them. Try to limit contact with these people and if this is not possible, try to keep in mind that it is their vision of reality that is negative and not reality as such, try to see the world through your eyes and not with those of others.
- Exercise. It is now known that physical exercise and training have positive effects not only on our body but also on our mood and moods. This happens because when we exercise we produce more endorphin, also known as the good mood hormone, which helps us maintain a positive and peaceful attitude.
- Abandon the use of the conditional and focus on objective reality and not on how it should be or how you would like it to be. Staying focused on the present helps us to appreciate what we are experiencing and to seek happiness in the here and now. Thinking about an ideal reality made up of “should” and “could” does nothing but induce negative thoughts and has the effect of moving you away from the little joys of everyday life that are essential for us to find peace of mind.
- Take a good example. Sounds difficult to you, right? Try to visualize a happy person: what does he do? Are you smiling? Is she serene? Does he say nice things? Are you ready to face every day with the right positive charge? Imitate the behavior of positive role models.
The thing we can and want to tell you is that you can do it too. Try to put these tips into practice and let us know how it went!